Job Description - Summary/Objective:
This position plays a major role in a guest's dining experience. As a Busser you will clean tables, booths, and chairs, quickly removing dirty dishes, and transfer all items to the dish area. Bussers will occasionally help deliver food to tables. Bussers must be professional and friendly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Place and replacing silverware as needed
- Removing guests’ dirty dishes and utensils as needed
- Delivering used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Assisting dishwashers to scrape, stack, or load dishes into dishwasher as needed
- Removing trash and recycling; replacing trash bags
- Cleaning up guest spills as needed
- Direct guests to restrooms or exits as needed
- Clearing table as guests complete their meals and preparing tables for next guests
- Follow and maintain all sanitation and safety procedures
- Additional duties may include assisting kitchen staff with preparing ingredients and cleaning kitchen surfaces
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Complete Opening and Closing duties
- Complete Side Work
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Team Player Attitude
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in the kitchen and main dining areas and requires working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, burns, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
- Lift, balance, and walk through establishment while carrying large food service trays/bus tubs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work including holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience working in a restaurant.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as a Busser.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
- Tribal Gaming Badge required for AL units to be paid for by the employee
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.