Job Description - Summary/Objective:
This position plays a major role in our guest's dining and/or bar experience. Bar Backs are responsible for assisting our bartenders with service and to keep the bar operational at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Restock liquor, wine, beer, mixers, and garnishes behind bar. Prep garnishes as needed.
- Remove, transfer and replace beer kegs
- Perform bussing responsibilities such as clearing empty cups and trash from bar top and taking out the trash
- Help maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of bar (i.e. wipe down surfaces, push chairs and stools in, arrange drink menus and salt and pepper shakers, etc.)
- Perform clean-ups of spills and/or other accidents as needed
- Ensure bartenders are equipped with clean towels and sanitizer at bartending stations at all times
- Ensure bartenders are equipped with clean glasses in front of house at all times
- Check and re-stock ice bins
- Follow all opening and closing procedures during each shift
- Complete assigned Side Work duties
- Maintain and clean stock room and storage areas.
- Check orders in. Take product out of boxes and organize in storage areas.
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Team Player Attitude
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates behind the bar working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, spills, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Walk and stand during entire shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift up/move items that weigh 50 pounds plus
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands & arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry & wipe
- Be able to hear and speak effectively
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work including holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience working in a restaurant.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as a Bar Back.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
- Tribal Gaming Badge required for AL units to be paid for by the employee
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.