Job Description - Summary/Objective:
This position plays a major role in our guest's dining experience. As a Food Runner you will be responsible for ensuring each customer’s food order is delivered promptly, fully complete, and without mistakes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow all instructions from the expeditor
- Sort and organize incoming food tickets when needed
- Maintain orders according to each table and food ticket
- Ensure each order is prepared to the restaurant’s and guest’s specifications
- Garnish and prepare dishes for presentation as needed when Expeditor is not present
- Promptly deliver each course as it is prepared to the correct table and in order
- Communicate clearly any additional orders or needs the guests may have to cook staff or expeditor
- Place and replace silverware as needed
- Answer guest questions or listen to their concerns/needs and communicate to service staff
- Remove guests’ dirty dishes and utensils when needed
- Deliver used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Assist kitchen staff with preparing ingredients and/or stocking when needed
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Complete Opening and Closing duties
- Complete Side Work
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Team Player Attitude
This job operates in the kitchen and main dining areas and requires working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, burns, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during the entire shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
- Frequently wash hands
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe
- Be able to listen and communicate effectively
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two
- Lift, balance, and walk through the establishment while carrying large food service trays
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work including weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 or older
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
- Must provide a second form of identification such as Social Security Card, Passport of Birth Certificate
- Must have bank account for direct deposit
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.