Job Description - Summary/Objective:
The Dishwasher/General Utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation throughout the unit along with standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through the dish machine
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering
- Change dishwater in dish machine as required by the systems instructions
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand when needed
- Remove trash and garbage to the dumpster
- Set up or break down the dishwashing area
- Clean and roll/unroll mats
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions
- Sweep/mop floors
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine
- Sweep up trash around the exterior of the restaurant and garbage dumpster
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry
- Notify the manager anytime the dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential
- Complete Opening and Closing duties
- Complete Side-work
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Team Player Attitude
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals, sharp objects/utensils, hot food/oil, and cleaning chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours along with frequent evening and weekend work including holidays.
Required Education and Experience
- Prior experience in a related food service position
Preferred Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 or older
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
- Must provide a second form of identification such as Social Security Card, Passport of Birth Certificate
- Must have bank account for direct deposit
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.