Job Description - Summary/Objective:
This position plays a key role in a guest's dining experience and appearance of the unit. Bussers are responsible for assisting the staff with maintenance and cleanliness of all dining areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remove dirty plates, glassware, and utensil from tables/dining areas and deliver to the dish room
- Clean and sanitize all tabletops and chairs/booths after the table has been cleared
- Clean and sanitize items that remain on the tabletops (salt & pepper shakers, condiments, etc.)
- Assisting dishwashers by scraping and stacking plates, replacing glass racks, & keeping the dish area organized
- Take out trash and reline trash cans
- Clean bus tubs before returning to dining areas
- Assist with spills by cleaning and drying impacted areas and placing Wet Floor signs out as needed
- Assist with or communicate any guests needs, concerns, or requests
- Follow all sanitation and safety procedures
- Follow all opening and closing procedures during each shift
- Complete assigned Side Work duties
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Team Player Attitude
This job operates in the kitchen and main dining areas and requires working near co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, burns, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during entire shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe
- Frequently wash hands
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands, and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry, and wipe
- Be able to hear and talk
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two
- Lift, balance, and walk-through establishment while carrying large food service trays/bus tubs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work including holidays.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience working in a restaurant
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as a Busser
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must maintain any applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance requirements.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification to complete an I9 and pass E-Verify
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.